Merricks House brings art from nearby and from across the country to the Mornington Peninsula for regular exhibitions. It is an intimate space for artists and visitors.
Merricks House was built in 1926 by John Joyner and his sons as a home for John’s daughter Tilly and her new husband Alf Weston. This fine old home had become run-down, but major renovations in 2013 turned it into an award-winning heritage site.
Today it provides an open, light space for exhibitions of prominent Australian artists and sculptors. The Art Gallery is open 7 days a week between 8:30am to 5:00pm and there is no charge for entry.
The WINSOME Collection curated by Camilla d’Antoine, is a treasury of rare and other-worldly 19th Century hand-coloured photographic glass slides, restored and transformed into large scale artworks.