CELLAR DOOR

Merricks Estate Shiraz 2015

From the first Shiraz vines planted on the Mornington Peninsula, this medium bodied cool climate Shiraz is drinking beautifully. Time has been kind to this wine, the edges have softened & the palate is a touch heavier than medium. The level of cool climate pepper & spice is just right.

Now free shipping on half dozen purchases

$45 Bottle

$180 Half Dozen

$360 Dozen

VARIETY

Shiraz

REGION

Mornington Peninsula

ALCOHOL

13.8%

COLOUR

Deep purple

BOUQUET

Intense aromas & flavours of blackberry, dark cherry, liquorice with black to delicate white pepper, cedar & exotic spice.

WINEMAKER

Simon Black

PALATE

Blackberry, plum & a touch of prune. Fine grained tannins & good acidity which give it balance, length & structure.

WINEMAKING

Destemmed & fermented in open top fermenter. During the seven day ferment the wine was pumped over three times a day to gain maximum skin contact. This shiraz was matured in 20% new oak barriques, the remaining 80% in 2 and 3 year old barriques.

Follow Us

VIGNERON’S CLUB

Join Now